Hand held barcode scanners & Windows CE and Windows Mobile software
Whether you call them hand held terminals, barcode scanners, HHTs or stocktake scanners, we’ve been using them
for more years than we’d care to remember. Around 10 years ago we started writing our own software.
Things have changed significantly over the years and handheld barcode scanners have become far more sophisticated as has our stocktaking software.
The latest generation are small PCs with barcode scanners. They have a far larger sized memory than their
predecessors and far greater functionality and potential.
In our stock auditing business, as you would expect, we use these mainly for stocktaking and have developed our
own Windows CE and Window Mobile stocktaking software and it does the job exceptionally well. We’ve been able to use
all the experience gained over a great many years to develop exactly what we need and our software is;
- Easy to use
- screens are clear, self explanatory and easy to navigate
- data is backed up continually and in the unlikely event of a problem the data is very easy to retrieve
- barcodes are scanned quickly and certain special features significantly increase productivity without compromising accuracy
- Tried and tested
- used on hundreds of handheld barcode scanners on thousands of stocktakes every year
Our Windows CE stocktaking software has come to form the basis of a suite of software we’ve created for a number of uses. Typically
this is where stock movements need to be recorded or checked and where barcodes are scanned and quantities recorded;
- Perpetual inventory counts
- Delivery checks
- Goods inwards
- Goods returns
- Inter-store transfers
- Price checking
- Replenishment checks
- Picking checks
- On the move; POD and signature capture
- Specialist label printing solutions
- Barcode label printing
- Price reduction, price comparison and price promotion labels
- Shelf edge label printing
Systems can be created to be as simple or complex as necessary. Data files can be sent and received by docking
the hand held terminal in a cradle or by wireless, Bluetooth or 3G. Advanced networked managed systems are also available.
A recent project for The Original Factory Shop
Since 2007 we’ve supplied The Original Factory Shop with handheld barcode scanners and Window CE software used for price
checking, label printing and stocktaking. We also provide telephone support services to the stores for the barcode
scanning hand held terminals and software. We’ve also been carrying out their stocktakes for them since 2004.
For more information please feel free to contact us at any time.